Friday, August 24, 2012

08/24/2012 Fantastic Friday

Hello everyone and welcome back for another Friday! I hope this week has seen everyone well! Though I'm tired, I'm looking forward to the weekend, even if it is kind of short for me. Let's get to work for today though, shall we?

Today I bring you 'Fool's Gold' by Angela Black. It's about the story of Raymond, a bard who finds himself one night in a tavern. In order to entertain them, he tells a fantastic story about hunting for a treasure beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Though the question everyone asks him, is if it's too fantastic to actually be as true as the man claims.

Sometimes everyone needs to learn a lesson, even if they don't know they need it, or even want it. The best way to teach them is by a cautionary tale, no matter what the cost may be. Raymond knows this all too well, and the last thing he wants is for people to repeat the mistakes he made all those years ago. So he tells them of the time he went hunting for treasure, and what that experience meant for him.

I picked this story today because frankly it's true. Everyone needs to take a step back sometimes and think about what they're doing. Something can seem lavish and only about what it's going to mean for them in the future, putting the well-being of others to the side-line. The story doesn't so much to hide what happens in the end, but it's getting there that's the adventure, and how Raymond decides to handle it that makes the story interesting.

'Fool's Gold' is available for FREE on Smashwords, so I suggest you take a bit of time to check it out. It hasn't been up for very long, but I'm sure it'll go into the Premium Catalog soon, so you'll be able to get it through other retailers as well at that point. It's also relatively short, so if you need something to read on your break or lunch, this is a good choice to pick up.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today! With my new schedule sometimes it's hard to be awake enough to get the posts taken care of, so I appreciate you all coming back while I work that out. I will be back on Monday, hopefully well-rested with a progress report regarding my transposing and re-reading. Until then, I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment