Friday, August 17, 2012

08/17/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back everyone! I hope your week saw you all well. I saw the Rifftrax Live: "Manos and the Hands of Fate' last night and let me tell you, that was wonderfully terrible. I can't wait for the next one they do live.

Today I bring you 'The Ghost Writer' by Will Jaeger. When a detective retires and decides to become a novelist it seems only natural they would go into the true crime genre. However, this particular detective has an informant known only as the Ghost Writer. He's helped him in the past, but now it might not be enough as a serial arsonist has shown up, using methods that no one on the force, or the planet, have seen before.

I picked this story because sometimes a crime drama is really what someone needs. I am a huge fan of the ones like Law & Order, CSI, and so forth, and I even failed my way through games like Heavy Rain (quick time events hate me...) and I was quickly drawn to this story because of my crime drama itch. I like the mystery, I like puzzles, and this story handles them very well. Who is this mysterious informant, and why do they keep themselves hidden from the one that's writing these stories? Especially when there is a real danger at hand? It's great!

You can pick up 'The Ghost Writer' for .99 on Smashwords, and I do recommend everyone taking a look and spreading the word. It was just recently published, so I'm sure it'll be on the other stores shortly. I definitely think you should give this a good read.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I look forward to seeing you on Monday where hopefully I will be a little more used to my schedule. Hopefully, we'll see. I hope your weekend is full of fun and that if it's stupidly hot where you're at, that you're able to find a place to cool down. Until Monday, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment