Monday, August 13, 2012

08/13/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of a new week! I was all excited and ready to start my new schedule and the first thing that happens was I set my alarm for the wrong time, so rather than being woken up all rested, I woke up (thankfully early) realized my error, and had to rush through my morning routine. Luckily I have gotten things pretty much under control, but still, not a fun event.

As I mentioned before I have started re-reading 'The Light Rises' again in order to check for continuity errors. This has become a rather eye-opening experience and I hope in the end it will make all of my readers satisfied. Let's just say there is a lot more pink pen scribbled on those pages than I thought there would be. It's not because of continuity issues, well not all of it, there have been some and those are marked with a different kind of pink scribble.

I had initially thought I was going to feel sad or irritated coming back to something I had thought was done, but I feel strangely satisfied. I think it's because in the end I know it's going to be better than it was before, and I'm not saying that to sound arrogant of my own abilities, it's just the truth. It's been over a year since I finished and first published that book, and in that time I have worked on honing my skills and through trial and error, have worked to make stories flow as much as possible. This is something that each and every author experiences. It's not like you can take something from an author's earlier works, compare to their newest, and say that they are 100% exactly the same. Sure there is going to be a lot of similarities, but by the time you get to the most recent one, there are going to be subtle things that make the book easier to read, and more enjoyable. This is what I'm looking forward to.

I appreciate everyone stopping by for my post this morning. Hopefully this is going to be the start of a great week! I'll be back on Wednesday, hopefully after having the correct time set and everything. Until then have a good start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment