Monday, August 20, 2012

08/20/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I hope everyone had a good weekend, and had lots of fun! If you were someone that managed to go to Gen-Con....I am narrowing my eyes at you in jealousy, you just can't see it right now. My plans for this year had included going to the gaming convention, but when they announced my work was going to be closing, that plan got thrown out the door. So now I can only watch as pictures of people's swag starts being posted on the internet.

Anyway, enough about my losses, let's talk about other stuff! My reviewing of 'The Light Rises' is going relatively well. Of course it feels like it's going incredibly slow, but when I think about it, I'm on page 50 and it's only been a couple weeks, when I have time at work. That's actually fairly decent progress. I mean, sure I have 150-some pages to go, and that number seems ridiculously daunting, but it's less than before, so that's good! Having not looked at that story for so long though it's strange. Even though I wrote it, and you'd think I'd know every tiny detail about it, I keep finding things that either need more detail, just don't fit, or sentences that feel clunky. In the end I think everything will be even better than before!

I also worked on 'Daughter of the Shackled King' some last night, and I felt like a sad and sorry slacker about that story when I did. I love that story dearly, and I feel like I've been trying to get the transposing done forever, and go to look at it and realize I'm only just now getting to chapter four. This is a process that is must slower than I initially anticipated, and the only thing that's giving me some sort of consolation is that I have other stories that need to get taken care of before it can go into publication. So I still have time!

Thanks everyone for stopping by again today. I have Wednesday off this week, so my post should be at a decent time and length that day. I hope everyone's start to the week is an entertaining one! I'll see you in a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment