Wednesday, August 15, 2012

08/15/2012 Writing Wednesday!

Hello everyone! Sorry this post is a tad late, I was dealing with some apartment issues and remembering why I don't want to live in one anyone. That aside let's focus on something a little more pleasant, like writing, and how much fun it is! Which will lead me back to a topic I've probably covered before...

Writing is both another job and a hobby for most authors. This is no different for myself in that I use it as something I'm pursuing to complete a goal, and also as a relaxation tool. When I'm stressed, angry, upset, bored, or whatever I'm feeling that day I can write and help keep myself focused and then relax. It's a great way to just let go of whatever was going on and get involved in a different world for a while.

Though I say writing is a job, I mean that in the sense of the amount of time it accompanies with the rest of my day/week. I don't consider myself a 'professional author', which and I could be wrong, I see a someone who dedicates all of their time doing nothing else but writing their stories. There are times when I consider whether or not I'd like doing that, but then I can't help but wonder what happens if/when I'd get burned out on it. Not to mention the fact it's incredibly difficult to start making money, and I have bills to pay.

To me, unless something amazing happens, writing will have to be the part-time job that I do as a hobby because it's super fun, and not the full-time job that I do every single day as a living. I'm not saddened by this, because if writing became my full-time job what would I do to relax and calm down after a hard day at work? The point where writing is considered more work than fun is when an author needs to take a step back and reflect on what's going on. If all a person does is work it's just going to build up stress, and having too much of that can cause a lot of problems that doctor's are still discovering today. So please, just have fun with your writing; you'll appreciate it more.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today, I hope that made sense. After this morning my head is a little scrambled. I'll be back on Friday though with my normal review, so please stop by and check it out then. For now though, I hope you all have a good rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment