Wednesday, August 22, 2012

08/22/2012 Writing Wednesday!

Hello everyone! Sorry that the post is later than it has been. My schedule is a bit different every other week, so I have today off. I plan on spending part of my day relaxing and getting some necessary things done (like shopping so I can have lunch tomorrow) but I also plan on writing something. I haven't completely come up with what, but will happen. I also hope to play some video games, because Atlus owns my soul.

I would like to talk about motivation today. This is something that every writer has, and sometimes needs to do a bit of searching to find. Sometimes it had be harder than others, especially at times when it's hard to get yourself to do anything, but if you can find what motivates you to write, hold onto it as tightly as you can. It can be something as simple as you like the way it makes you feel, and you should use that to help you focus on writing. This is a bigger-picture sort of thing when it comes to motivation, which is awesome. I hope everyone has something that makes them feel that way.

It also comes in smaller forms, like for instance you can put off working on a particular story for a while either because you need a break or because life got in the way, but one day you hear a song playing and it fills you with memories of that story you had, and when you come home you pull it from the back-burner and get to working again. I call that the 'Theme Song Inspiration' is a little campy, I know, but it's true. That song makes you think about that story, and motivates you to get to work on it again. You remember just how much that story means to you, and suddenly, with that song in your head, you go back to that thing you love so much and work on it with all your heart.

Motivation could some just from having someone want to read something you wrote. It doesn't have to be good, or long, or anything that people would get out of context, but having people who want to read your stories helps you keep doing it. They will be your encouragement, and if they are really awesome will help you work on getting better by pointing out things that work and what doesn't.

Whatever you feel inspired or motivated by, keep it close as much as you possibly can. It will be what helps you get through the day sometimes, just knowing that you can come home to that and work on something that's important to you. After a rough day at work, sometimes all you need is to pull up your story's theme song and start typing.

Thanks everyone for stopping by again today. I'll be back on Friday with my normal review. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will have my re-reading of 'The Light Rises' done and I can get to phase 2, which will be going into the master file and getting that done. Once I'm ready for Phase 3, I will be putting my feelers out there, so stay tuned for that! For now everyone have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment