Monday, August 6, 2012

08/06/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and happy Monday! I hope you were all able to keep yourselves warm this last week. We hit record highs in my area, so that was a test of endurance. Thankfully my parents provided us with a new air conditioner, so that managed to help a lot. The heat made doing pretty much anything difficult, as it meant leaving the house, or the car, or whatever building I was in was met with a wall of ridiculous heat. It was awful.

I'm still adjusting to the new schedule of working, and today is looking like it's going to be rather tough. Though I set my alarm for a specific time, and I knew well enough that it was going to be fine, I woke up several times throughout the night absolutely convinced that I was going to be late. My plan is to load up on caffeine and do everything in my power to stay awake today. Though others will be starting today, so hopefully that will keep me focused.

I really look forward to the point where I feel comfortable bringing stuff to work on with me. Right now it's mostly able meeting people and trying not to look like a loner. The last thing I want to do is say 'I'm new! It's awesome to be here! This is my laptop, I'm going to appear to be ignoring you now.' something about that just seems like it won't work at all.

Last week I made the decision to lower the price of 'The Light Rises' and I'm sure many people are wondering why I did that. The main reason was rather simple; $2.99 is the average price of ebooks, and I didn't want to go beyond the average for my first full-length novel. The other reason is that with 'Rending the Seal' being in editing stages, I want to help encourage others to read the first book, and lowering the price is a great way to do that. At least it seems like it would be to me, but I'm not a marketing person, nor have I ever tried to be.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. Be sure to come back on Wednesday for my advice post. I think I have the times figured out pretty well to balance the posts with the work schedule, though I'll admit I'll be happy when I go to 10 - 7 and get a bit more time to sleep before going into the waking world. For now I hope everyone has a great start to their week, and I hope you have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment