Friday, June 29, 2012

06/29/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back for my Friday review. Everything is done at work, and while it's a sad day, I won't bother all of you with it. For now I have a nice little story for everyone that I hope you'll enjoy.

Today I bring you 'It's Just A Job' by Walter Lazo. The main character, who's only referenced as XX1X32887, is a photographer who's been hired to get to the bottom of what happened at a facility. The only problem is that the facility isn't supposed to exist, so he's going in without any idea of what he's getting himself into. The things he finds there quickly get him considering whether or not the money is worth it, no matter how good it is.

There were a few reasons why I picked this today, but the one that seems to stand out the most, and is most important is that there's been a lot of movement lately regarding the RPG Conspiracy X, and it has been on my mind a lot. This story seems like the setup for either something much bigger, or even like it could be a viral video someone put up to try and drum up publicity for something else. Either way it feels like it could be a mission in ConX and that has brightened my day a little.

'It's Just A Job' is available for free at Smashwords for those who wish to go look it up. It says it's part of a Short Story Collection, but this was the only story in the file, so I'm assuming there is more by the author. It's a short read that will make you wonder what else is really out there, or even what's going on behind closed doors.

Thanks everyone for stopping by and putting up with my odd post times this week. Next week should be back to normal, but keep in mind the 4th will be an off-day for the holiday. In the meantime, Smashwords is having it's Summer sale starting July 1st, so please check it out and you'll be able to get 'The Light Rises' for $1! Can you really say 'no' to $1? Please don't, dollars are nice. Anyway, I'll see you all back next week! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment