Monday, June 4, 2012

06/04/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Good day everyone, I hope your weekend saw you all well. I got to spend time with friends and family, and also got a bit of rest in as well. I wish I could say the weekend was productive, but sadly I spent a good portion of yesterday fighting with my lunch, so I was a little preoccupied. Other than that though, I'd say it was a good couple days to rest.

One of the things I always enjoy about coming into a relatively new game (for those that don't remember, I'm part of a table-top gaming group that gets together on the weekend.) is the chance to think of possibilities and work on character development. I'm someone that will think of scenarios, and if they don't happen in game I will write them myself. I do this for a couple reasons: practice and also to see if my interpretation of the reactions other characters would have are accurate. It gives me insight into the way people, even fictional ones, think. I want anything I write to have some sort of feeling that what the people are saying and doing are natural, and the only way I'd be able to do that is from practicing.

It also helps if the game is in a setting I'm interested about, and while I think some aspects of the from of Mage: the Awakening are silly (pretty much all of the Atlantis stuff), it's not enough for me to say I don't think it's great. I like the magic, I like how it interacts with the other games in World of Darkness, and it makes you feel like you're actually fighting for your character's happiness. That means there's ample time to work on character development!

That's really all I have to say for today. I'll be back on Wednesday! There will be a post, but it may be a little bit later than normal, hopefully not though. I'll be going back and forth a bit throughout the week, but I will do everything in my power to get stuff up here. Until then I hope you all have a great start to your week, and I'll see you back on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment