Friday, June 15, 2012

06/15/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back everyone, I hope your week has treated you well. Today marks exactly two weeks before the center closes, and I think it will be a rather hard day for many of us at work. So, for that let's concentrate on something completely different alright?

Today I bring you 'Phobos' by Tim Baer. It is the story of someone that has been plagued by a nightmare for most of their life; roughly 40 years. It's always the same each time it starts, and nothing they do to try and get it to stop has worked. Seeking out help has done nothing to stop the nightmare, and in fact has only made it much worse.

I picked this picture I'm sure we've all experienced some kind of reoccurring dream and this story takes that idea and expands on it. What if that dream happened every night for decades? What would that do to the person seeing them, what kind of effect would it have on their life? Those are the questions this story asks, and the answers may surprise you.

If you wish to see the answers for yourself, 'Phobos' is available on Smashwords for $.99, which is a great deal for anything. I hope you enjoy this short story as much as I did, so I do encourage you all to stop by and check it out. I'm sure the author would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by again this week. I greatly appreciate your continued support, especially when things are so crazy in the real world right now. It's nice to know I can come and work on something that people enjoy. I will be back next week, continuing to fidget and wonder until I hear about how the interview went. I hope to see you all back here on Monday, until then, have a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment