Friday, June 8, 2012

06/08/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I hope this week has seen you all well. Today marks my last day watching my parent's pets, which is why my posts this week have been a little later than normal. It was fun though, my mom's bird did MUCH better than she normally does, and my cat seemed happy I stopped by to visit her. That's not what's important right now though, so let's get to business shall we?
Today I look at 'Grim Awakening' by Paul Johnson. As you can see from the cover, it's a book that asks the question of 'What if the Fountain of Youth was guarded by the Grim Reaper?' and the reason I picked this story was simply because, to me, that makes sense. Who else would be guarding the thing that gives eternal life than one who's super not ok with that? With things making sense being my first and eternal love, I decided this was the story for today!

Only one person has ever managed to drink from the waters of the Fountain, and that is a man named John Hope. He's been alive for a thousand years and up until now, has never told anyone how he managed to do it. His tale of one of caution, but also of possibility. After hearing his story, will others still try to reach the fountain, or will the consequences of living forever be enough for them to change their minds?

For me personally, the idea of immortality is not so much a gift but a curse. I can see why people would be drawn to it, but when you think of what exactly that means, it's probably the most depressing 'super power' anyone could get. I like this story because it makes you start thinking about whether or not what John Hope did was worth it or not. 'Grim Awakening' is available on Smashwords for $2.99, and since it was put up recently will likely be available in the Premium Catalog soon.

I appreciate you all for stopping by this week. Come back on Monday for the newest post. I will be helping a friend move this weekend, so hopefully if I haven't somehow managed to hurt myself (it has been implied that I may or may not have 'spindly T-Rex arms' by some) I should have at least some sort of entertaining story to tell. See everyone then, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment