Monday, October 31, 2011

10/31/2011 Magnificent Monday

Hello all and sorry for the random time to be posting. I took today off (it was much needed this is wonderful) and decided that getting up before noon was for working people. I'm realizing I should have done that sooner, but learning from one's mistakes is what makes us human I suppose.

Today is Halloween in the states and even though I have quite literally nothing planned, I'm still excited. I love this holiday and I think I will forever. I have nothing but fond memories of this day so even if I just hand out candy to the local kids, I'll still enjoy myself. I even got my 'Team Van Helsing' t-shirt to celebrate!

Tomorrow marks day one of National Novel Writing Month, which means the people at my work will once again see me lugging around my Bag of Holding (www.thinkgeek.com will take all my money one day) containing my purple laptop. I'm hoping my plan of spacing out my writing time throughout the day helps me be able to actually complete it.

My goal for this year, aside from finishing before Thanksgiving, is to be able to either complete, or get mostly completed with my prequel "Rending the Seal", it takes place two years before "The Light Rises" and will put the group up against a man who wants complete control of reality, and will try to do so by reforging, then breaking the Seal of Solomon. I have a lot of little back-story plot points I'm playing with and I'm hoping they don't make everything too all over the place. Though I suppose if it does, that's what editing is for!

For now though, it is time to rest my wrists and wait until it's time to wake up in the morning and get to work! It'll be at least 1600 words a day so that the total by the end of the month is 60,000. I've done this for the last two years and have had a lot of fun. I'll be posting my progress on here, Facebook, and Twitter. If any of you are also participating, feel free to post your progress as well, that way it will be like we're making it through the month together. I'll talk to you all on Wednesday though, until then have a good couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment