Monday, October 3, 2011

10/03/2011 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings everyone! It's the start of October, which means I'm starting my countdown to NANOWRIMO! I really wish I were further ahead in my prequel, but hopefully I'll be able to get a lot done by the time November rolls around so that I can either finish, or be close to it by the end of that month.

This weekend was busy again, so not much happened in the way of writing aside from a short thing about a couple characters from a friends game. It's fun to do that sometimes, just take something and play with some other characters to maybe work out a few things you find challenging. I also didn't get much done due to distraction, a certain trading card game had a new release and well, I was all over that.

I will likely be able to get some kind of writing done this week though, as I am going to make it a point to not be stupid busy when I get off work, so I will be making progress on my prequel there. At least some progress has been made in the story I'm working on at work, "Daughter of the Shackled King" which makes me feel like I'm not completely being lazy. I'm really looking forward to when that story is done, not just because it means I can start playing around with it's sequel, but also because it means I can start typing it out and cleaning things up a bit. Writing between calls may be nice to keep myself sane, but I am convinced it is full of repetition and plot-holes as well as a distinct lack of description. I tend to get impatient with details when I type faster than I hand-write.

I look forward to being able to actually get things done again, this is my last week of being 8 - 5 so that also means that starting next Monday my posts will be back to being in the morning. I appreciate everyone who continues to visit and puts up with my late or sometimes boring posts. For some reason it doesn't load the ticker at the bottom of the page for me anymore (no matter what format I view the page in) and I wanted to say that I appreciate you all. See you on Wednesday, if you ever have a suggestion or something you'd like talked about, just leave a comment or contact me and I'll do everything I can to make it happen. Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment