Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17/2011 Magnificent Monday

Good morning times to all! I hope you all had a good weekend! I am posting this a bit early because I am working a little over-time today, which is good for money, bad because I didn't get much in the way of sleep last night.

I know I haven't talked much about gaming, like the title of the blog had hinted at, and I am going to make up for that today. I have been playing table-top games since my freshmen year of high school, and in doing so it has helped me make friends, be a little more social, and has also given me the creative motivation to write, it also helped me meet my boyfriend of nearly 5 years whom I love dearly. So as you can see, I quite frankly owe a lot to it.

One of, if not my absolute, favorite game setting is "Conspiracy X" by Eden Stuidos, it takes place in modern times, and you play characters working as part of a secret government organization trying to protect the US from alien forces. The agency, known as AEGIS, recruits people from other government initiatives and branches to aid in this threat, as well as people with psychic or magical abilities. They are constantly at odds with another government group known as the Directorate, or more commonly, Black Book, that's run by the DOD and the CIA. There are three primary alien threats, the Atlanteans, the Saurians, and the Grays, and quite frankly they all have pretty good reasons for wanting us off their rock, from trying to rebuild their utopia civilization, to a time-steam mix up that made it seem like they were gone for only a short bit of time and suddenly these fleshy humans are all over everything, to just trying to save their species because the way our psychic abilities work is killing them. In short I love this game.

They moved to a 2.0 version of the game that uses the unisystem, the same system used for their other games like "Witchcraft" and "All Flesh Must Be Eaten" and to give you an idea of how long ago that was, I think I had just finished high school when the first book came out. The Extraterrestrial Source Book came out in pdf form several years ago, but then...nothing.

Every year they would mention 'coming in August' and I would hold my breath and be sad. Then, last night happened. My boyfriend sent me a link to a Kickstarter. It was Eden, and they were doing one for ConX. So here, I give you all, their Kickstarter link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1801360072/conspiracy-x-rpg-the-extraterrestrials-sourcebook

I cannot begin to express how excited I am. This has been literally YEARS in the making, and soon it will see the light of day and I'll be able to hold the book in my hands! That is, of course, if they make their goal. So all I ask is that you please help them, or show it to someone who can, or someone you think would love the game to absolute death. I must be off now, but I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment