Friday, October 14, 2011

10/14/2011 Fantastic Friday!

Greetings everyone! Today is Friday and do you know what that means? (aside from tomorrow being Saturday, which is full of awesome?) It means it's time for me to feature a book from smashwords!

Today's feature is called "Lost World Found: The Dragons of Bastogne" by Robert Larrison. Set in World War 2, this story shows how the war would have been different for England if they had been able to use dragons as part of their warfare. It's a short, fun read that happens to be free. I have a soft spot for alternate-history, if you haven't already guessed, so I had a lot of fun with this story.

I won't say how it's done, because I don't want to give spoilers, but rest assured they aren't using dragons for everything. That would be a little over-kill. Rather they are used when desperate measures are needed, and man was it desperate! I was rather impressed that in such a short amount of time, the writer helped get the reader attached to the main character, and it's easy to see that when the battles die down, he's going to need a lot of help coping with all of the battles, death, and violence he experienced at the hands of war.

All in all I had a lot of fun with this story. It's available here at Barnes&Noble, as well as here on smashwords. The nice thing about the B&N link is that it also shows it's available in paperback, if you don't necessarily want to read it on an e-reader. However, if you go through smashwords, it's free, so I suppose it's all up to your preference!

Thanks Mr. Larrison for writing such a fun book, and to those of you who stopped by today! I'll be back Monday, hopefully with word of my writing progress. Have a good and exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment