Friday, May 31, 2013

05/31/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Greetings everyone! I hope the week has been nice to all of you. May ends today, which is still just absolutely crazy to me. I'm not ready for June, and I know that it's going to blow by like everything else has. For right now though, let's get to the reason you came here.

Though there's no title on the cover image, I bring you 'Raising Dead' by Aaron Dennis. An apprentice watches his master carefully trying to learn the truth so he can unlock the secrets of necromancy. They are cut off from the society they are gathering specimens from, and the apprentice Gaulder, starts to question his master's methods.

He's been alone for a majority of his life, and Gaulder has become focused on finding the immortality ritual, and the only way to do that is through necromancy. It's frowned upon in polite society, and so he follows his master's guidance as they live on the outside. He has questions about why his master is going about things the way he is, mostly because he sees it as inefficient. He needs to know the ritual though, and he can sense his master is close, so Gaulder waits until it's time for him to do what he's longed to do since the day his parents died.

'Raising Dead' is available on Smashwords for free, and by the time you all get there I don't know if the number of words will be loading properly yet, but it actually is a short story. It was fun to read and I'm always a fan of learning how something in a world works, whether it's magic or just the law, it's always interesting and having a fun story to go along with it is always a bonus. So please go check it out, I'm sure the author would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I will be back on Monday for my normal post, so I hope in the meantime you all have a super fun weekend. I'm going to be working on preparing for my trip at the end of next week, so that should be exciting! For now have a great weekend and a great start to June!

No comments:

Post a Comment