Wednesday, May 29, 2013

05/29/2013 Writing Wednesday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. It's crazy that May is almost over already. I'm super not ready for it to be June yet, let me tell you. On the other hand, I'm also ready for May to be done after the craziness of the last couple weeks, and I am ready for things to just calm the crap down again.

Writing while juggling stressful times is super hard, ask anyone who's had to experience it. Let's say you have a deadline (self imposed or other) and then something comes up that takes you attention away from it. That is going to result is stress and likely some form of sleepless nights while trying to meet that deadline. It's a little bit easier when you give the deadline to yourself, but that  doesn't mean the stress will instantly go away.

Hopefully if you have an agent if you contact them and explain that the world exploded in a not good way they'll be understanding and let you take some more time. I really wouldn't know because I haven't managed to get an agent, however I'm hoping they aren't jerks when it comes to emergency situation. I only know what I've seen in TV, and that's basically in the end they work for you. Of course this is after they were a hard ass and needed to learn some lesson about love or whatever. That is also the plot for a good percentage of romantic comedies. Weird.

Anyway, my point is that dealing with stress while writing shouldn't be something that ends up causing more stress in the end. Writing is something you love, it's your passion, and you want to do it. If it ends up stressing you out then the only thing that's going to follow is resentment, either toward the act of writing, yourself, the world, or others who don't seem to have the same problem as you do. You seriously don't want that to happen, really any of that because in the end you will be miserable. Writing should be some kind of outlet that makes the stress go away, and after doing it you should feel excited and relaxed, not angry. Always remember that.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I know this was a little short, but I got going a little late. I'll be back on Friday though, so please come take a look at everything then. A reminder about next week; I'll be here Monday and Wednesday, but not Friday. I will be boarding a plane at an hour that doesn't exist. I'll come back the following Wednesday though, so I won't be gone forever. Anyway, for now though have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment