Monday, May 6, 2013

05/06/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend went rather well. I did everything in my power to make mine as relaxing as possible. Yesterday was especially nice in that I did close to nothing productive all day. Sometimes you just need a day like that to really let yourself unwind.

Something that making those cards has gotten me to do, aside from focus on great patience, is motivated me to do more actual practice with my drawing. Not to say that doodling all the time isn't really good practice, but practice working with new techniques and things that are normally really difficult for me. It's been a lot of fun and it's neat seeing the fruits of my labors.

One thing that's always been a difficult thing for me to do is accept praise. It's really awkward, mostly because I'm not used to the attention that it brings. I can handle someone giving me criticism about what I need to work on better than I can someone telling me I did a good job. Like most socially based things I've been trying to get better about this too, it's just been a really big up-hill battle against the self-esteem that I do have.

On that note, please go check out my Deviant Art Page for the prints that I've been made for the cards. They aren't all uploaded yet, but they should be hopefully soon. The way I need to handle the prints does make them take a little bit to be available (since I need to resize the image in all of the print options) but they will be there. Also, as a reminder I do not set the price for them, so please no comments about how expensive some of them are; not my fault, blame DA for that.

I hope you will all come back here on Wednesday. I noticed that we're getting close to the 6000 visits mark. I know that seems a bit silly after it's been 2 years or more since I started doing this thing, but I am really happy that it's gone on for that long. In the meantime I hope you all have a fun start to your week and I'll see you back on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's been two years already?! Good job! : D

    ReplyDelete