Friday, May 3, 2013

05/03/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back everyone! We made it through the weekly mostly unscathed. I'm really excited for today, so I know that means my work-day is going to drag on like no one's business. For now though let's get right to the reason you came here!

Today I look at 'The Invisible Hand' by Keith Oakden-Rayner. In the future everything a person does is guided with the help of what's called an exo-suit. Literally everything from walking to holding someone's hand is assisted with perfection by the suit, and not wearing one is seen as criminal. With such a large dependance on them though, Silas is someone who has managed to see both sides of the world, and now he's having doubts about the one he's in.

Silas has seen a sliver of the world that doesn't use an exo-suit for living assistance, and even if he made so many mistakes, it's simply the chance to make them that has caused a rift in his beliefs. The plan had been to tell his girlfriend Alice everything, but that was during out to be more difficult than actually eating. Silas must struggle to find the right words to tell her what he did, even though her own opinion about people who don't use an exo-suit is not favorable. There's so much risk and Silas must weigh his options before deciding what to say to her.

'The Invisible Hand' is available for free on Smashwords, and I'm curious to know if this is a preview to a much larger story or if it is complete. I can see where it can easily end, but also where there could be more to go on. Check it out for yourselves and I'm sure the author would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a very relaxing weekend. After last week I seriously need one. I'll be back on Monday so I hope you are all here to check it out. For now enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment