Monday, May 20, 2013

05/20/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone! I hope the weekend was nice to all of you. I apologize for the lack of post after Wednesday. The trip to the vet was educational, and Thursday ended up kicking me in the face with stress that boiled over to the rest of the week. Having a sick cat is really tough, and while I do have a cat with a chronic condition (my rescue is asthmatic) I had put the other one's problems in the back of my mind until this last week. Now he's on medication and all I can do is hope that it's solving the problem.

I know I sound like a crazy cat lady, and I'm sure that is going to be my destiny one day, but my cats are very important to me, and when one of them is sick like this it's very scary. It didn't help that the guy I live with also got sick, so I had to work on fixing up both of them. Again, I do apologize there wasn't a post on Friday, I always hate it when I miss a review, but I couldn't think straight and I just needed to get through the day.

With Jason sick the weekend was relatively restful. Still saw friends and family, which was nice, and also started planning a short trip to Vegas at the start of June. Just a heads up, I likely won't be posting on June 7th. I'm really nervous about going, but I think part of that is because I haven't left the state for more than a day in over 10 years. That sounds really sad, I know, but I haven't. We went to Oregon last year for a weekend, but we left on a Saturday and came back Sunday, and while this trip will only be adding one more day, I think the distance is what's throwing me into a panic because it's not like I could just come home in a few short hours. I mean, technically I could, but that would also involve going through an airport and I don't think any of those hours could be considered 'short' at that point. Hopefully the time-off possibilities that have fallen into my lap will all be working on when I go to work today.

I am still editing 'Rending the Seal' it is a slow process, but it has to be since it's the first draft edit. I need to carefully read each sentence and determine whether or not I like how it flows or if it's even necessary. Let me tell you each and every page has a lot of pink on it. That's good though, even if it means I'm really not looking forward to edit part 2, 3 and beyond. I will get this story completed finished this year though, and is the plan/goal. Once that's completed 'Daughter of the Shackled King' will be thrown into the computer the rest of the way and I can get back to completing 'Through the Broken Mirror', though I may just use that one for NaNoWriMo again, that seems to work out fairly well. If I get to do it this year...I discovered on Wednesday there is a game coming out on November 1st, but because it's not as wrist-intensive as Persona 4, I might be ok...maybe...

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I'll be back on Wednesday barring any further craziness in my life. I hope the week is nice to you all though in the meantime and I hope to see you all back here. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment