Monday, August 26, 2013

08/26/2013 Magnifcent Monday!

Hi everyone and welcome back. I hope you had a great weekend. I really do apologize for not having a post on Friday, but after baking until 10pm on Thursday, I knew I needed to spend a majority of my time in the morning getting the cupcakes frosted. They ended up getting finished about 5 minutes after the time I should have started getting ready for work, so I think, sadly that the right decision was made in the end. Luckily everyone seemed to like them, so that's exciting.

My off-time has been spent playing the new Shin Megami Tensei game, which is super fun if a little frustrating at times. Even if the characters are a little flat, and there are (several) points where I literally have no idea where I'm supposed to go, the game play is super fun, and that is making up for it. I thin I'm also done with it though, which is good because I'm fairly certain something comes out in September that I need to obsess over. If not I have some crafting I really should get caught up on.

Also this week, I am eagerly awaiting the announcement that tickets are going on sale for the next Rifftrax Live event. While I maynot get my name up on screen like with Starship Troopers, it'll still be lots of fun, since they're doing Night of the Living Dead toward the end of October. If you go to a theater and you see an announcement saying it's playing there, I do recommend going to at least one Rifftax Live show, because they are really fun and a nice couple hours of entertainment. I'm kind of hoping they do another Kickstarter event next year too, since the last one was so successful, but we'll see how things go in the end I suppose.

My experiment with lowering my pop intake is going well, I believe, so far. This week I am switching the days that I'm cutting it out so that I don't have it three days rather than two. I think going into this slowly will be for the best, not to mention the week after working my Saturday schedule is really difficult, and I wasn't going to not have something to wake me up that Monday. Today though, we'll see how things go.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I know that PAX Prime is this weekend, so if you are going, I hope you have lots of fun. It's a big event and it's celebrating 15 years, which is pretty much nuts. I wish I could go, but the lack of available extra money makes that to be not a thing I can do. Also the fact the passes sold out so ridiculously quickly. I'll be back on Wednesday though, so please stop by. Until then, I hope you have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment