Friday, August 9, 2013

08/09/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Greetings everyone and happy Friday! I'm glad you were all able to make it here today, as I am also happy I was able to as well. I am running a little short on time though, so I'll get right to the point!

Today I bring you 'There Are No Children in the Castle' by Hank Florentine McLoskey, and it follows the adventure of Cedric, a the youngest son in his royal family who has decided that taking up the knight and heroes sword is the best for him. The first cry for help he responds to is a village in distress over an ogre that reportedly eats children.

Cedric is young, idealistic, and honestly has the best intentions to save the people from their blight. However the more he listens to the stories, and also from the ogre himself, Cedric begins to cast suspicion on the royal family themselves, and he begins to wonder who the real monster might be.

I picked this story because it had a good message behind it, and also the tales of an adventurer just starting out are generally fun because you really get the sense of someone in way over their head. I also enjoyed watching how Cedric was able to break everything down in order to find the truth. Don't worry, there is no child-eating, at least none that is actually spelled out for the readership. We'd have some problems if there was.

'There Are No Children In the Castle' is available for free on Smashwords. Please check it out and tell everyone about it. It's a quick and fun little story to enjoy on your break or lunch. I'm sure the author would really appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm glad I was able to think long enough to actually get it down. I hope you all have a really fun weekend and that you get to do all the fun things you want. I will be back on Monday, hopefully at least a little awake. Have fun and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment