Friday, August 16, 2013

08/16/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Greetings everyone and welcome to Friday! I'm hoping the week was nice to you. My work-week may not be over after today, but it was totally worth it because of how awesome last night was. I won't go into too much detail about it, since I know that's not why you're here. So I'll get right to the point.

Today I bring you 'Colossus' by Gary Mark Lee. A large mechanical man has been discovered along with the body of the man who built it. The mysteries that surround the two are numerous and the only thing that can be done is speculate over the rhyme and reason for its existence.

Imagine you live in the distant future and a discovery like this was made. People can make guesses all day and night over why and how something that's Iron Giant-esque was built, but that's really all that can be done; speculate. This story brings out more questions than just the ones you'd first come up with, since the body of the creator is there as well.

I picked this story because quite honestly if we made a discovery like this today I think it would be revolutionary and kind of neat. To see evidence of such technology and know that it was built so long ago would make everyone start questioning the limits of science. Those in the story that discover the Colossus are left to wonder who was it that built it and why, and then the moral implications of whether or not it could possibly be weaponized or if more could be made hang in the air above everyone's heads.

'Colossus' is available for free at Smashwords. Please go check it out and let the author know what you've though of it so far. It's also short, so like most of the reviews I post you should be able to read it during a break or your lunch.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I hope you all have a fun weekend. Mine is going to be busy so I just hope I make it to make it through Sunday without passing out all over the place. Monday is sure to be interesting that's for certain. For now I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment