Monday, August 5, 2013

08/05/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I'm really sorry about the lack of post on Friday, but I had a serious inability to comprehend any sentences I was looking at, so any book I reviewed would end up likely being some kind of accidental insult, and I just didn't want to do that to anyone. Right now I feel...mostly awake-ish, so we'll see how things go today.

One thing that did happen to me on Friday though was that I ran into a teacher I had at the local Friday Night Magic thing at a card shop I frequent. It was the best piece of crazy random happenstance I think I could have ever experienced. I was so happy that when I think about it I still almost cry. This was the teacher that made me excited to come to school, ignore the people being jerks (because middle school students are seriously jerks), and also keep wanting to learn years later. To get an idea of something we did here is an article the Seattle Times wrote about the day we turned our entire classroom into a rainforest complete with real animals (one of my friends brought in his sun conure, the teacher had his umbrella cockatoo, and the tarantula was already there.) and how awesome it was.

I've been riding the happiness all weekend, and not just because I was able to beat the 'unbeatable' Games Club running teacher. It's given me a lot of time to reflect on the 'little things' and only motivates me more to get my book series completed. If for no other reason I need to show all of the people who have influenced me that I can accomplish something that big and that they are the reason I've been able to come this far.

So today is a huge thank you to everyone who is a part of my life and who supports me each and every day. From the individual readers of this blog to my friends and family who put up with all the crazy stuff I say and do sometimes. I know that I can be a weird piece of work at times, but remember that I am still able to do all of this because of your support and I couldn't do without it. Thanks so much and I hope you all have a great week, I will be back on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment