Friday, March 23, 2012

03/23/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! It's wonderful to see that we're all made it through this week to Friday. I'm looking forward to the weekend, which probably means that when I get to work it's going to drag on and on forever. So, to try and counteract that, let's get to it!

Today I bring you "Greywalker" by Patrick Heffernan. It's about a man named Amos Garr who walks the line between the material world and the spirit world to fight in Michael's army. He was 'drafted' into the army after accidentally walking into the spirit world without realizing it one day and wound up in a coma. His guardian angel helps guide him and educate him on how the world really works, and how he needs to help protect it.

Now I'll admit I'm a sucker for things like this. It's the reason why season 5 of Supernatural is my absolute favorite, and why I wrote about the Apocalypse. I love all sorts of mythology, it doesn't matter what pantheon it's pulling from, and modern takes on it make me incredibly happy. It's when people take something that has been so engrained into our culture and make it their own that it really shows the endurance something like this has. Changing fairy tales is one thing, and a type of mythology of their own, but when you bring in angels, demons, and things like that you start moving into a territory that many are afraid to travel because they're afraid of offending people, but I honestly wish people would do it more. Wonderful things happen when you do!

"Greywalker" is currently available on Smashwords for $2.99, and I hope everyone goes and grabs it. One thing I would like to point out though, there is quite a bit of profanity, at least in the beginning, so if you are the faint of heart please take note. I do still recommend getting it though to read through.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'll be back on Monday after taking the weekend to relax. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment