Friday, March 16, 2012

03/16/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back everyone! We're all somehow survived through this, strangely long week. With tomorrow being St. Patrick's Day, I hope you all are smart and don't do anything too crazy. For now however, let's get down to business.

Today I give you "The Adventures of Crimson Overcoat: Crimson Overcoat and the Unicorn Prince of Avalon" by Luke Monroe. I know it sounds silly, and frankly after the week some of us have had, I think this is perfectly acceptable. It's currently available for $.99 on Smashwords for those who are looking for it.

I selected this story because just from the title I had the feeling it was going to be somewhere along the lines of a superhero story, and sometimes we all need those. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was somewhere between superheroes and modern day magicians. That made it even better!

We open with Alexander aka Crimson Overcoat at a club watching the human-form prince enjoy himself. He needs to watch the charismatic man because it is believed someone would want to kill him. The question is who would want to do it? The unicorn prince is on his once a decade trip and is the beacon of hope, charisma and all things good, and it's up to Crimson Overcoat to find out who would want to harm the Unicorn Prince and stop them. Modern day magic/superheros always work well to me, from Zatana, to Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate, I don't think I haven't enjoyed any of them, and this story feels like it would be the start of a delightful series.

I appreciate everyone stopping by today. I'm still not at 100% for this shift, but I'm getting there, so hopefully things will get better. I hope everyone has a fun and exciting weekend! I will be back on Monday! Also, for those who celebrate, don't forget to wear green tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment