Monday, March 19, 2012

03/19/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone! I hope you all made it through the weekend as unscathed as possible. I know things tend to get a bit crazy on St. Patrick's day, so cheers to everyone who made it! Sadly it looks like my bf didn't get so lucky, neither of us drank, but he came down with some kind of plague and started having to deal with that yesterday. Hopefully it will just be him that deals with it, I don't want to get sick.

This weekend, in order to assist with one of our friend's determination to avoid alcohol on St. Patrick's Day, we played our weekly Saturday game in a hotel room. It was a rather nice room, had separate rooms and everything. It essentially looked like a tiny apartment. My only concern was that I felt like I needed to be exceptionally quiet the whole time, and I wasn't alone, since we had no idea a) how well sound-proofed the rooms were and b) if anyone were in the rooms next to ours. All in all it wasn't a terrible experience, ad we fulfilled a life-long dream of our friend's.

My hope for this week is that stress will continue to wind down. My commute has gotten worse, which is confusing and super annoying, but work has calmed considerably as people start looking at their options objectively and not in a panic like they were before. For those who haven't seen on business sites or the news, Verizon Wireless is consolidating their call centers, and the one that I work at will be closing at the end of June. My options are to move to a different department within the company to stay in my current state (which would likely mean retail), relocate to the other side of the country, or take a severance at the end of June. This is a big decision, and since I can't move my options are limited. I'm taking this opportunity to work on my writing even more so that I can get my name out there.

I see we're gotten a bit more visibility on this blog over the last few weeks. The hit counter has jumped significantly, and I can't thank everyone more. I would love for this to become a successful blog, and it's because of my readers that is possible. Thanks for all the kind words, especially in these times of stress, they are much appreciated. I'll be back on Wednesday for more writing tips, I hope you all come back too! Until then, have a good start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment