Friday, April 18, 2014

04/18/2014 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and good morning! I hope this week was super nice to all of you. I am sad that I have to work tomorrow and don't get to enjoy an actual weekend, but next week I get a smattering of days off, so I suppose I'll just have to deal with it. There is actually a post today, so I wanted to get right so it!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/430135It's shameless self-promotion time! Never have any shame in doing this. Especially when various forms of cheap advertising are the other methods that you have. Today we have the book by me, 'Rending the Seal' (crowd cheers somewhere). After what seems like forever and ever it's finally ready for public view! The prequel to 'The Light Rises', it take place about three years before the first book (give or take some months), and follows the four meeting one another and learning just how important they are to each other. Also, demons.

Detective Keagan Gillette is a homicide detective haunted by what he considers the be the failures of his past. His sister died, and he firmly believes it was his fault. Desperate to bring her back he learns the art of necromancy, but all of the preliminary tests show those won't work either, so all he sees are more failures. Feeling isolated from his colleagues both at the precinct and at the House of Masks, all he has are his memories when a new case is given to him; murders over the last several months. Introduced to a young woman claiming to be from MI6's Supernatural Defense Division, he suddenly learns that not all demons are internal.

Suddenly Keagan is shown the world around him is very different. Sure he knew there was magic and demons, but he'd never come face-to-face with one before. However the more he learns the more he wishes he never did. After enlisting the help of a self-proclaimed master magician named Elizabeth Stirling, and with all of them being volunteered by a strange man named Alexander Trouseau, the four of them learn of a plan to gather the pieces of the fabled Seal of Solomon that could alter the fate of reality forever. The problem is there are archdemons, inner demons, and monsters from the past and present that all must be faced before they can make sure that London and the world is safe.

I would say specifically why I picked this story, but I wrote it, so I'm not going to! It's perfectly acceptable to be biased at times. I am really excited to finally get this out to everyone. I was also happy to see that it was accepted into the premium catalog today, so they made that process go a lot quicker since the last time I uploaded anything. I promise the next release will come sooner than this one. I really, really do, and I am sorry this took forever.

'Rending the Seal' is available at Smashwords, and will soon be available pretty much everyone else. It just needs to get over there and uploaded to the other databases. It is available for $2.99. Also, as an added bonus, 'The Light Rises' has gone permanently down in price. You can start the series now for $1!

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I really, really happy to not only be able to do a post on Friday to to say it was for my book. Thank you again for Raegan Millhollin for making my pretty cover, I will pay you in food next time I have the chance (again I wasn't kidding when I said I do that), and thanks for all the support I've gotten. I can't wait for the next one. Until next week, I hope you all have a super fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment