Monday, March 10, 2014

03/10/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I apologize for Friday, though if you saw my post on twitter I'm sure you understand what happened. Every year at least one or three buildings have a problem with ants and we apparently got to see the earliest sign of it. There was a lot of swearing from me and a demand to find the Ant-Murder-Spray (as I call it) and so far they haven't come back. I like to tell myself it's because they can smell the massacre that happened, but it may also be the rosemary and the peppermint. I really hate ants.

My editing quest continues. I am around page 70 (I think? The document had to close due to computer needing to update but that number sounds about right) of 'Through the Broken Mirror's first full read-through and so far that's going well. I still like how that story flows and I haven't run into anything that I find atrocious yet, so that's nice. I don't know if it'll get any longer/shorter in the end, but we'll see. I know there's a bit more detail I want to go into at the very end, but that won't be more than a few words, maybe a paragraph at the most.

With the craft fair coming up toward the end of April it would be great to have 'Rending the Seal' ready for everyone by that time, but I don't know if it's going to be the case or not. I still have a couple beta-readers out and I'll also need to get things together for the cover art, and sadly one of the pieces will need to be done as line-art because high-rez images of what I'm looking for don't actually exist. We'll see though, just because it's not happening this second doesn't mean it's not going to happen at all. The cover-art part is true though, stupid Seal of Solomon.

They've added a couple more distributors recently to the Smashwords list, so go check them out. I don't know a whole lot about them, but if you use their systems or access them to get ebooks to your devices then this is great news for you! There's been a few of them, and I don't know all of their names yet other than Scribd, but check them out and see what's there. I love how Smashwords reaches out to so many other distributors, it really makes it feel like the books are reaching a large potential audience. I don't know how they compare to Amazon, but sadly with Amazon's proprietary agreement in their Terms of Use I don't like feeling restricted like that.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Daylight savings time hit me like a truck so I am only about 40% awake right now. I'm hoping that gets better as the day progresses, but we'll see. I'll be back on Wednesday though and I'm super looking forward to Tuesday as I get to hang out with our fraud department for a while. I'll see you then though! Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment