Friday, December 6, 2013

12/6/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I did everything I could through the bitter cold this morning to find something to post and I did it. I don't have a lot of time though so I will apologize for the post being short, but I'll get right to it!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/383499Today I bring you 'The Christmas Ornament' by J.E. Bolton and it tells the story of Marcus who had become very bitter about the holidays until one moment when he hit rock bottom and had a conversation he didn't think was possible. He learned not the 'true meaning of Christmas' thing but more of what it means to keep going in the face of darkness and how to turn a bad situation into a good one.

Things hadn't always been had around the holidays for Marcus and his family, when he was younger he loved it, but as time went one and the older generation started going away he started becoming jaded. Then the ornament that had been in the family for generations broke and the rest of his faith with it. Now he also learned the secret that his grandfather had kept from them for years and with it questions about all of the good he'd experienced in the past started coming up. Seeing really no other way out Marcus goes to the cemetery trying to find answers in his darkest hour.

'The Christmas Ornament' is available on Smashwords for free, so please go check it out and tell everyone about it. I'm sure the author would appreciate the holiday boost for them. The story does have a feel good end to it, so don't worry, I'm not going to promote a super depressing holiday story for everyone to read.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'm sorry it was short, but I'm a little short on time, I'll be back on Monday though. So I hope you all have a fun weekend and that you all manage to stay as warm as you possible can!

No comments:

Post a Comment