Monday, December 16, 2013

12/16/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I'd like to start things off by apologizing for Friday. There was a substantial lack of notice and information, except on twitter, and even then it was misspelled about why there wasn't a post. It really wasn't planned. See on top of my pretty much god awful stressful week, I woke up on Friday with a bloody nose, and while I'm sure you all love the visual early in the morning, I will just say this wasn't one you could stuff some paper up there and pinch the bridge of your nose and be done with it. I sat down at the computer to try and get some work done, but by the time I did that I saw the time and realized that wasn't going to happen, and just as I put up the twitter message, things went from slowing down back to 'yeah it's just pretty much worse again' so I had to run to try and get things taken care of. Luckily I somehow managed to not be late for work, but I really wasn't able to do anything else productive that morning. I am really sorry, I haven't had one of those like that in over ten years, and of course that is how my Friday had to start.

I got 'Rending the Seal' back from my beta-reader/mother this weekend, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that most of the things I need to fix aren't, in her opinion, plot points that made no sense. There are some spelling issues and grammar things, which I expected, and realistically I couldn't see those anymore, which was the whole reason I needed someone to look at it. There were some contextual things, just some sentences don't seem to work or need to be structured a little differently, but overall not a whole lot needs to be changed. Even the parts I was worried about she said were fine, and considering previous conversation haven't gone nearly as well I was a little shocked. I am enjoying my break though, so I figure once January starts I'll jump right into it and get to work. I actually don't think it should take me too terribly long either.

Which leads me to trying, desperately, to find images for my cover. I want to put the Seal of Solomon on it, but apparently finding a good picture of it doesn't exist! That is so frustrating! Admittedly it is also a much simpler design than I remembered, but that doesn't change the fact that finding a high-resolution image shouldn't be impossible. So if anyone knows where I can find one, because it does not exist on the royalty free site I am registered at, that would be awesome!

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I'm hoping really hard that today goes well. I hope your week starts out nicely and that you all have a lot of fun. Remember, 'The Light Rises' is on sale until the end of the year using coupon UM87K at Smashwords, so please check it out and tell everyone you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment