Monday, July 29, 2013

07/29/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back on this very much existing Monday. Right now my brain is still adjusting to the fact I have to be awake right now, and also the fact that once again, another month is almost completely over. We've come over halfway through the year already and that seems a tad ridiculous. I look at my plan/goals for the rest of the year, and as quickly as the months go by it makes me nervous that I won't get to accomplish them. We'll see though, and if I don't, it'll at least be early 2014, which is also kind of ridiculous.

Luckily I have managed to get slightly more sleep than I was getting throughout the week, still feel like I need to catch up some, but actually having my heart burn medicine has helped a lot. Friday was a victorious day where I got the prescription issue taken care of as well as my ebay problems, so yay for all that!

Editing is continuing as smoothly as it can. So far I am in the 50s for page, which doesn't seem that bad to me for a couple weeks of work. That tells me I should, in theory, be finished with this part around late August early September. At that point I will need to throw the story at someone so that I can a) not look at it for a little bit and b) get an outside perspective on some things because at that point I won't know what I'm looking at any longer. Depending on who gets it means I will have time to get some other things put together before November, so December is going to be spent trying to get some kind of final-ish product put together for 'Rending the Seal' which is kind of exciting.

As a reminder, since we are getting close to the end of the month, 'The Light Rises' is still free for 3 more days. We've gone over 50 mark, and now I'm just curious to see where we land on Aug 1st. I wanted to give a bit of an explanation as to why I'm so excited that a book that's been out for 2 years has hit 50 sales. The first is that I like round numbers, they always seem impressive. The second is that it is a strong sense of accomplishment for me. It might not be the highest sales number in the world, by far, and I know there are people better than I am, however this is something I can say I've done and it is a step toward my overall goal of getting the series done. The fact that I am working on editing a prequel and the sequel should, in theory be finished with the first draft at the end of November is starting to put things into perspective for me. Especially since the first two stories of the second half are finished in notebooks and one is almost done being transposed into my computer. It makes me wonder just how much longer I really have before this is all finished, and what I'm going to do with my time afterward. So 50 might not seem like a very impressive number since 2011 to most people, but to me it's a sign of things to come and it's very exciting. I couldn't have gotten this far without any of you and I thank you for that very much.

For now I will take my leave though. I'll be back on Wednesday like I normally am, barring any kind of disaster or something of that nature. I hope to see you all there, and remember if there's every a topic or something you'd like for me to bring up just leave a comment or send me an e-mail and I'll get right back to you. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment