Monday, July 15, 2013

07/15/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hi everyone, I hope the weekend treated you all very kindly. It was nice to have one that finally felt relaxing after having 2 weeks of running around/working. Now we'll see how today wants to treat me, since I'm not feeling quite to 100% yet, but there is still hope because the day is very young. For now I'll just trying to keep waking up.

I feel like I should have a lot more to say, but I can't seem to find the right words. I have started working on Phase 2 of editing, which of course is always a new challenge seeing as my handwriting isn't the best in the world and I need to try and figure out what the scribbles I put in that binder mean. So far so good though, I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to do another round of it before throwing it at a beta-reader for a bit.

Currently my tasks at hand are to the 'get as much as I can done before November' point, which is interesting to do since I know that logically I have several months before that happens. The thing is there is another craft fair in November and I know I won't have any time to work on anything for it starting November 1st, and since I have no idea how long anything will take to make, I need to start on it now. It's still a really weird experience being told people will buy things I make, but I need to work on certain social things, so it's a test that's good for me overall. Still strange to me though. Also, craft supplies are stupidly expensive for how quickly I go through them, so that's also a reason I'm starting early as I can stretch things out over multiple paychecks.

I've also started realizing that other hobbies have started being put on the back-burner and that makes me sad. I want to play video games, and there's even one coming out tomorrow that I want to make all of the time for, and I don't know where I'm going to fit it in. If the day was 25 hours long instead of 24 I think I'd be good though. I know it's just a matter of basically scheduling everything and sticking to it, I just wish everything would fall neatly into place so that I didn't have to do that.

Also, I wanted to send out a bunch of thanks to everyone that has purchased 'The Light Rises' though the Smashwords Summer Sale. It's always nice to get the e-mail notification that someone has picked it up. I hope everyone likes it, and for those who have already gotten it, read it, and have liked it, if you could please leave a rating/something to say about it on the page for it, that would also be appreciated. I'm not a viking at advertising and really anything helps. Please tell everyone that it's still free until the end of the month, it would be fantastic if you could.

Thanks everyone for stopping by and reading my ramblings today. As always, if there's a question, discussion, comments, or anything else you'd like to say, I would love to hear from you either down below or by e-mail at explodingrunes6d6@gmail.com. My goal is to help writers as much as I can, and if there's a topic I have missed or you would like more detail on please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be back on Wednesday though, so I hope you all have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment