Monday, July 8, 2013

07/08/2013 Magnificent Monday!

We all made it through the weekend! Welcome everyone and I hope your weekend was nice to you. I am very tired, but that's normal for coming off a weekend I ended up working. My brain is convinced it didn't get a real break, which I suppose it didn't. I'll just need to suck it up though because today is when the work actually begins!

I finished Phase 1! It just took forever, or at least it seemed like it took forever. My binder is full of pink markings that if I squint enough I'll be able to discover are actually words and I'm ready to start Phase 2. I wish I could take more of a weekend-long break before jumping into that, but it needs to be done right away or else I'll find something to distract myself with, and then it'll never get done. Also, I'd like to have that part done or at least mostly done before August, and if I jump right into it that can happen, and luckily this part tends to go a big quicker than the first. I think it's because I'm not so much reading through everything and scrutinizing it, I'm mostly just looking for places where there's pink markings and fixing those.

I really hope I can be finished with everything before the end of the year. My thinking is that during NaNoWriMo when I'll have a 3rd party look it over for me, that way I'm still technically working on it while working on something else. Now granted that means that December will be spent Christmas shopping plus editing, but that should be fine. Hopefully I'll be able to do it as a holiday special or New Years thing. We'll see, even if I don't meet that particular deadline when it comes time to hit the 'publish' button I'll still be really excited and hopefully, if things go well enough during NaNoWriMo, I'll be able to hop right into editing 'Through the Broken Mirror' too. We'll see, that's still months away!

The more I think about what's going to happen once I'm actually finished with 'Rending the Seal' is really exciting, because I can really see progress being made as a whole. 'Through the Broken Mirror' is about half-way done being put into first draft form and 'Daughter of the Shackled King' is almost finished being put into the computer, and while I know it will need ALL of the editing in the universe, 'Feathers of the Dead' will be right behind it ready to be transposed. It might take a special part of forever, but everything is coming together nicely and that is really exciting.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today, as a reminder, which I'm sure you're all getting sick of by now, 'The Light Rises' is available on Smashwords for free all month as part of the Summer sale. Please go check it out, I would really appreciate it and for those who already have, I really hope you like it. For now though I hope you all have a great start to your week and I'll see you back here on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment