Friday, February 15, 2013

02/15/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone! I hope this week has treated you all well. I feel like I've done something to angry some usually benevolent being, but I won't let that get in what way of what needs to happen here!

Today I bring you 'Exo' by Brent Meske. It's a short story written in present tense that follows a soldier going through what should be a normal mission onto another planet. He's part of a special forces unit that exists because frankly sometimes a job needs to be done without a nuclear device.

Sometimes there's a job that is too dangerous for your standard solider, but there's something too important for it to just be blasted away at a safe distance. That's where the Exo Corps come in; go in, usually to hostile enemy territory, take care of business, and then get out. There's nothing but danger, anxiety, and the constant worry of being shot in the back and never having the home base know about it. Only the best and the one who have no where else to go are brought into the Exo Corps, which means that not even they know what's going to happen when they go out.

'Exo' is available for free on Smashwords, so please go check it out. I picked this story because sometimes you just need a hard sci-fi military story to get you through your week. After a rough week sometimes you just want action and this story bring it. With Starship Toopers vibes it also is a bit nostalgic for those of us who remember what it was like before things became sequels and reboots. So please come check it out and tell everyone you know and love.

I appreciate everyone coming by this week. Seeing the little counter go up was a highlight within all the crazy. When I came by to write out the post we were at 4999 visits. That is fantastic, and I want to thank all of you for that kind of support. I will be back on Wednesday, as Monday is a holiday and I need a day to just let my brain turn off. Thanks so much and I'll see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment