Friday, February 8, 2013

02/08/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone! I hope your week treated you all well. I think mine could have been a little nicer, but not having to actually work for the first two days was nice. For now though I am going to enjoy the fact it's the end of my week and I don't have to work tomorrow.

Today I bring you 'I Can Fly' by Sherri Cornelius. Most of the times pick-up lines are all some level of cheesy, at least all the ones I've heard, and that was the same for Warren. That was until he heard about Edith, when he told her he could fly her first reaction was to be angry and accuse him of trying to trick her. He knows they're meant to be together and he wants to prove it to her.

Warren doesn't know why he can fly, or how long he'd been able to. Like most abilities it was discovered by accident, and for so long he'd been convinced he was alone. However, now that he isn't he wants to prove to Edith that he isn't like the other orderlies in the hospital, and that he is someone that can be trusted. The problem is that not everyone believes they are meant to be together and Warren must win Edith's trust while discovering that there maybe more out there like them.

I picked this story today because quite frankly, deep down inside I love a good story about people going after their destined person. Also, as you all know, I like super powers. Something tells me this story is an introduction to a much bigger idea as well, so I hope the author has some fun with that. The story is little story of hope to enjoy after a week that may have seemed a little rough around the edges.

'I Can Fly' is available on Smashwords for absolutely free, so please go check it out and put it on your reading device. It's also short so that should give you enough time to download it and also read it on either your break or lunch. So I hope you all help the author out and take a look at it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today, I really appreciate the warm welcome that I've gotten back. I think our number of views has gone up as well, so that is really encouraging. My friend told me that someone purchased her book too, which is great because the purpose of this blog is to help authors and I'm glad that I was able to do that. For now though, I'll be back on Monday, so I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment