Monday, February 11, 2013

02/11/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings everyone and welcome back! I hope the weekend treated you well and that you are back here all bright-eyed and either ready to face the day or ready for the second shot of whatever type of beverage helps you wake up in the morning. I'm not here to judge. Luckily (or unluckily) for me I am still in the waking up phase of the morning, so I'm sure this is bound to be interesting.

Now that my job is permanent I have been looking at the possibilities that the future holds. It's really interesting and kind of scary to start thinking seriously about a few things, the biggest of which is buying a house. I don't like renting, and I will tell anyone who asks me (and some that don't ask) my opinion about it. It's awkward for me to live in a building, with my own space, but still worry that I'm going to do something that disturbs the 2 or 3 people that are right next to me. I'm not a loud person in general, but I'm always afraid that the neighbors won't think of it that way. Not to mention it makes having a cat that voices his separation anxiety by meowing as loud as he possibly can kind of nerve racking.

I have finally made it through the half-way point of 'Daughter of the Shackled King's notebook. If my estimations are correct the final page count once it's typed should be around the 120 - 135 range, which isn't bad and actually not nearly as short as I was expecting. It's not the 202 page epic that 'The Light Rises' is, but I'm not upset about the page count by any means. It'll be nice when I'm actually done with it too, mostly because it's taken so long to get to that point and I'd like to get something else tossed on the editing pile. I'm still working out some kinks in my head while waiting to hear back from my alpha-reader about 'Through the Broken Mirror' so the other stories that I have available have taken the leader.

Just a reminder for anyone out there, 'The Light Rises' is available pretty much everyone buy Amazon, so please go check it out and tell everyone about it. I'm really happy with the new edition and would like people to get a chance to see it.

Thanks again to everyone for stopping by. It looks like we're getting close to 5000 views. That is a ridiculous number to me and I am excited that we're getting so close to it. I hope we can get there by the end of the week, and I'll be keeping an eye on it while trying to figure out what sort of special thing to do to celebrate. In the meantime though, please have a good start to your week and I'll see you back here on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment