Monday, February 4, 2013

02/04/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone! I hope the weekend treated you all well. I believe overall mine was a success, though I feel like I was rather unproductive. That's probably for the best though, since I have been making fairly good progress in my mission to get 'Daughter of the Shackled King' transposed and I don't want to push myself too far.

My weekend was rather enjoyable, even if I did have to work. Mostly because there was a puppy, and they tend to make any experience better, even working. It's great to be actually permanent now, and not just because it means that my levels of stress can finally be lowered. It's also nice because of the level of security it brings, so knowing that I work somewhere stable, with (fantastic) benefits so that I can get things taken care of, and also the ability to actually plan for the future is awesome. Oh, and also plan to do a few frivolous things like turn my car a different color is nice too.

I feel bad about the lack of progress I've been making on 'Through the Broken Mirror' and it's not because of a lack of interest. I am waiting for a read through to be completed so that I know if the style I'm using for it is working or not, since it is different than my usual, and I want to know that before I dive back into it. I don't want to get the story finished only to have someone read it and tell me that it doesn't work/make sense/is dumb. It has given me a chance to work on 'Daughter of the Shackled King' more, which is nice, but I'm not very good at that waiting thing.

For now though I will keep my head held up high and keep in truckin' because that's all that can be done. I also got my taxes done, and I really can't wait to get that extra bit of money to go into the 'make my car pretty fund', that alone will take care of a majority of those expenses for it. I just wish that all that stupid tax stuff in the capitol hadn't sucked and now it'll take forever for me to actually get that refund.

Oh well, I do hope you all have a great start to your work. I get to go to the 'New Employee Orientation' so that should prove to be a bit excited. It's weird to think that I'm a new employee even though I've been there since August, but that's cool. I heard it's a bunch of back-story on the company, and everyone knows that I'm a sucker for that. I hope it's interesting! Until then, I'll see you all back here on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment