Monday, September 17, 2012

09/17/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I hope your weekend was fun and hopefully productive. I am getting ready for my slightly earlier/long shift this week, so I am working hard to get myself to wake up.

Phase 2 of the re-read of 'The Light Rises' has commenced, and my hope is that I can plow through it as quickly as possible. The reason for that is that Harper-Collins, if the name isn't familiar they are a big deal Publishing Company, has said they will be accepting submissions for the first two weeks in October via their e-book branch for the first time since 2001. This is really exciting, but it does mean I have a deadline. It's not that I don't love having the book available via Smashwords it would just be fantastic to also have a big-name publisher that will also put the book into print have my book series.

Now none of this means that I'm going to abandon the indy publishing circuit. It absolutely doesn't. However, with a chance like this I really can't just let it pass me by. I'm aware that there will be thousands doing the same thing I am, and since I was doing this work anyway it's not that big of a deal to me to just do it a bit faster. I figure with how long 'The Light Rises' is, if I do about 10 - 20 pages a day I should be able to get it completed by the end of the first two weeks in October. Here's to hoping my plan works!

I'm sorry this post is relatively short, but time is of the essence, and I need to make sure I get everything done. The interview went well last week and they say I should hear back this week to know the results. There are a lot of good and deserving people going after the two permanent positions, so I hope whoever gets them are really happy. For now though I'm going to focus on what's important. I'll see everyone back here on Wednesday, so until then I hope you all have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment