Friday, September 14, 2012

09/14/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I don't have much time so I'll try to make my little intro as quick as I can for you. The interview went well (I think) and I bring you a story to celebrate it with!

Today I have 'Wired: A Broken Fairy Tale' by Rabia Gale. It's a retelling of Rapenzel set in a post-apocalyptic world. A girl who's more machine than man is raised by a woman who sees her as a chance to control the world. Giving her the chance to learn and experience information on her own, it's not until she meets her prince that the girl sees the true blight around her.

The Wizard Grothel told her the story of how her parents abandoned her, and how she was better than any of that. Once she was even told she was part of a race that would rule the world, but that's not what she wants. She just wants to learn about everything, and her hair acts as wires to connect her to that information. She always thought of her mother as her savior and protector until she met him, her prince. Now she must choose between staying in her tower or fighting for her freedom and that of the people who fear her mother.

You know me, I'm always a fan of fairy tales getting mixed around, and this story is no different. 'Wired: A Broken Fairy Tale' is available on Smashwords for absolutely free and is a fun way to spend a break of lunch. The author even says he enjoys re-imagining fairy tales so do check out what else he has floating about too.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today! I hope you all are looking forward to a fun weekend. I'll just enjoy the fact I get a full one this time around. I also need to get to work on speeding through Phase 2 of my editing project for 'The Light Rises' and while I seriously doubt I'll finish this weekend, I'm hoping to make some vast amounts of progress. For now though, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment