Friday, July 20, 2012

07/20/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone! Sorry about the delay, but I had to do a little bit of digging for this. It's another Friday, and I hope it means an end for a rather nice and productive week for all of you! For me it meant getting my prequel to the editing stages (finally) and being able to finish up a video game while I wait for things to finish up with the job-background check stuff.

Today is a little different, I am helping out a friend, who's helping out a friend. Today I bring you 'The Returners' by Mikey Neumann. Imagine if heroes and villains from myth, legend, and history had the ability to move through generations. The story opens following Alex and his girlfriend to a restaurant for dinner and he learns that not everything is as they seem. Someone is killing those known as Returners, and Alex must find out who it is before the fate of everything is sealed.

Seeing as I enjoy playing around with myths and such I was immediately drawn to this story. Legends are always fun to play with, and putting a modern spin on them is always interesting. This story doesn't just stick to people from ancient history either, modern heroes such as Eliot Ness and even Paul Revere become subjects to the plot. There are two parts to this story, and the author is constantly updating their site for it as well, so be sure to keep checking on them.

'The Returners' is available through BOZ Publishing, and you can either read the books for free on the site or you can purchase for $2.99 through Amazon. I do recommend picking it up as it is incredibly entertaining and a rather quick read, so it would be a nice way to spend a Summer day watching birds or thunderstorms (both can be fun) from your window.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today! I hope next week brings you fun and excitement and that your weekend is full of Batman. As a reminder, Smashwords is still having their Summer Sale, so 'The Light Rises' is still available for $1 if you check it out there. Have a good weekend, I'll see everyone back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment