Wednesday, July 11, 2012

07/11/2012 Writing Wednesday

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! I hope your week is seeing you all well. I have received mixed news about my job prospects, but things are still looking up so that's good! I'm going to keep a positive attitude and move forward. Now if only my cat would let me be so productive that would be nice...

Today I wanted to share a bit from my own experiences as of late. It's a little bit about stress, and what that can do to motivation. I'm sure you've all seen my mentions of my job dissolving and such, this as I'm sure you are aware, has caused a huge amount of stress and stress does weird things to everyone. Everyone handles it much differently, and I went through a bunch of different stages. Now that I am home, I find I have a lack of motivation, which is not good.  The reason this happened is rather simple; stress made it hard to concentrate, so I wasn't able to get a lot of work done, now that I have time I'm still stressed, but now I don't want to necessarily do anything. This is something that I must get over and fast.

The problem there is that I am still working through the large 'unknown factor' of what's going to be happening next. Though as I said, things are starting to look up, so I need to get myself back into high gear. I need to use this time for what I had initially planned for; writing, cleaning, more writing, and video games. I have done half of them, I need to get back on for the rest.

One way to help get yourself back to where you need to be, if you're ever in my position, is to try and motivate yourself, and when that doesn't work have people help you. Have them bug you, have them poke you, keep having them do that until you finally open that file, or pull out that notebook and get back to work. You'll find that as soon as you get past the first sentence everything will fall back into place. It will feel right, and if you're like me who uses writing as a way of relaxation you'll also wonder where it's been all your life. I know times are tough, but that doesn't mean all is lost, no matter how crazy everything is right now. Finding and embracing your creative outlet is going to help you through all of it.

If jumping back into a larger project seems a bit too much, try working on smaller things first, possibly even unrelated ones, and then see what happens. The thing you have to remember is to not let them bury you under them. There's a high chance you'll get distracted because they are shorter, easier, and things like that. Remember they are a temporary break, but your main projects won't get finished until you get back to working on them. Trust me, I know it's hard, but sometimes you just have to make yourself do it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'll be back with my review for Friday and I hope it will be a story you'll all enjoy. In the meantime, remember there is a sale going on at Smashwords right now, and if you stop by you'll be able to get my book 'The Light Rises' for $1! The coupon's already provided for you on their site, so all you really need to do is add the book to your 'cart' for purchase. I'll see you all back on Friday, until then I hope everyone has a great rest of their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment