Monday, April 16, 2012

04/16/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I hope this weekend saw you all well. Mine was rather nice, though Sunday (and apparently today) was spent dealing with a sore back. I must have done something strange in my sleep, so my hope is that it's only temporary. Luckily back issues likely won't get in the way of progress, so I'll hopefully get a decent amount of writing done this week.

I keep realizing that I need to get a new laptop, and while I know there's always the 'Don't go with that brand, brand X is better in all ways' arguments, I've already decided on a brand, so that part's already done. I won't say what it is here, because as much as I would love a discussion thread to start up, I would prefer it not be a flame war. All I will say is that is won't be a Mac or Apple product. For some reason when I get a hold of one, all computer/tech knowledge leaves my brain and I don't have the slightest idea on how to use it.

Each day I have to fight with my Shift key though I'm reminded just how badly I need a new laptop though. I just need to do a little more saving so I can get it, and luckily it's been agreed in the apartment that the laptop is not a frivolous expense, so yay for that!

I've also been working on drawing a bit more while at work. It gives time for ideas to marinate for stories and also helps me flesh out how the characters actually look. If you've stopped by the Facebook page for 'The Light Rises' you've seen Amelia already. I'm debating whether or not the put up any of the others, mostly because of the lack of response from the first one. I can always post them up here as well, so if there's any request to see them, please let me know and I'll do my best to oblige.

For now though I must be off. Work is still crazy with things closing in 2 moths, and it's a matter of trying to get things lined up for after that happens. I believe I'm under a bit more stress than I believe, which is actually kind of annoying, but that also means I get to write more to wind down! I suppose that means my stress is a win for everyone else...wait...how is that fair? Anyway, I'll see everyone back here on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment