Friday, April 6, 2012

04/06/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I apologize for not having anything on Wednesday, but I seriously just needed some me-time. With things being as crazy as they are right now, I needed time to just relax and not worry about stuff. I appreciate your patience for letting me have that.

For today though, I thought we'd look at 'Lesser Gods' by Tyler Vitt. It's a bit different from what I normally put up, so I hope you like it.

In the city of Haven, everything is protected by a Shield that is strengthened by divine energy. The world outside the Shield is covered in a poisonous mist, so venturing beyond it is certain death. The city is also protected by the Seraphim, angelic hosts that act as messengers and voices of His will.

When the attendant keeping Uriel in check loses track of his Seraph, eyes start to turn to him suspiciously. Uriel looked upon the people being protected as unworthy and weak. With Uriel missing, there's fear of what he'll do, so he must be found at all costs.

Anything that deals with the myth of the various angels I find incredibly interesting. It shows they aren't just the pretty people in robes and wings, but rather are the warriors and parts of an army that should be feared/respected. 'Lesser Gods' is currently available at Smashwords for $.99.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this story as you have the others I've posted up. This weekend will involve me running around at hours too early for me anymore, but hopefully it'll be fun. I'll see everyone back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment