Monday, February 27, 2012

02/27/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello all! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was filled with friends, education and strangely snow. Last night was the Academy Awards, and while I didn't watch it, the only award I cared about this year was for Best Song, and the song I was interested in was 'Man or Muppet' from the new Muppets movie written by Bret MacKenzie, and it totally won!

I got some writing done, but I am realizing an issue that I'm currently having and now it's a matter of getting through it. I found a contest for short stories, but they seem to be more towards literary fiction rather than genre fiction, and I am at a loss. I've noticed there is kind of a 'we don't want genre fiction' in the world, and that makes me sad. Also, I don't have any ideas for literary fiction so that's hard too.

The other issue I'm currently running into is more of a self-esteem one that will (hopefully) pass soon. It hasn't stopped me from making progress, but it has stopped me from working on edits, or even fully acknowledging some pieces of work even exist. Still though, I'm sure it will pass, I just need to get that to actually happen. I have a lot of work ahead of me and I want to get through it!

Thanks everyone for stopping by again today. I will be back on Wednesday with my normal column. If there are suggestions, comments, questions or anything like that, please let me know and I will respond accordingly. Until then, I hope you all have a good start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment