Friday, February 10, 2012

02/10/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back all! I see we've reached over 1000 hits! Thanks for all the support it's greatly appreciated. My gift to you will be me writing this post as quickly as I can so that there is a maximum amount of time to enjoy the story I selected for today!

We're looking at a free ebook called "Zev's Destiny" by Kira Bacal. It's available on Smashwords, and is rather short. The reason I selected it is because it takes the idea of the young man being destined by greatness and turns it on its head.

The story focuses on Zev, a young farm boy that saves a seer one day. As a reward, she offers him a reading, and tells him he is destined to rule a kingdom with a princess by his side. Excited by this prospect, he started revolving his whole life around this idea, leaving his home behind to become a warrior strong enough to save a princess in need.

I won't go into more details because that's about where the trope gets turned on its side, and it is really fun. I've said it many times that I like things that are the 'standard' but are taken in a different direction, or a different point of view, and this story does just that. It also talks about the consequences of telling someone their future when they didn't ask for it in the first place. It's also rather short, so I don't want to risk giving any spoiler-y information.

As I said before, "Zev's Destiny" can be found at Smashwords for absolutely free, and is rather short, so there's no excuse not to get it for your e-reader, or just pop open an internet browser window and read it on a break.

Thanks to everyone who has visited my blog regularly to get it up to this point. I feel that with 1000+ hits I've become more like a real blog. I hope that I'll be able to reach 2000 even faster than this was. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see everyone back here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment