Friday, February 17, 2012

02/17/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back everyone! I hope your week has been exciting and full of at least some form of entertainment. I'm looking forward to the weekend though, I get to see an orchestra do a tribute to Muse, so that's bound to at least be fun. For now though, let's get right to the book reviewing!

Today we look at "The Journey of Three Friends; a Leaf, a Mud, a Water" by John Rudram. I liked this story because of the premise it followed. Three people come together to perform an experiment, they have all been given code-names by members of the International Bureau of Investigation, who are trying to intercept them before the experiment can be completed. What the experiment is exactly is hidden, so it's a mystery as to whether or not it would be good or bad for the world if it were successful.

I like the idea the story told, it was enjoyable, and was good at giving the reader something to think about. The actual names of the three characters are a little strange, but that was easy to look beyond (since it made it fairly easy to deduce who was the leaf, mud, and water.)

The story also makes the reader have to decide if they want the three characters to succeed in their experiment as well, or if they want the investigators to be successful in stopping them. You feel torn between the two ideas, which isn't something that a lot of books are able to do.

"The Journey of Three Friends; a Leaf, a Mud, a Water" is available on smashwords for .99, as is the collection of other works by the author. I suspect it'll be in the premium catalog soon enough, but I don't know what day that will be.

Thanks for stopping by all week and for always supporting this blog. I will be back Monday after what I'm sure will be an entertaining weekend. I hope everyone has fun and gets lots of writing done! Until then, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment