Friday, September 16, 2011

9/16/2011 Fantastic Friday

Surprise! I decided to try and get the post up early today, even though I'm stil on that training shift, and here you go! I especially wanted to do it today, since it's the day I put up someone's book, I didn't want to make everyone wait until closer to the end of the day. So here we go!


Today's feature is called "Smoke: A Ghost Story" by Aaron Polson, it's a young adult, supernatural thriller about a 17 year old named Tucker Ellison. The town he lives in isn't really considered 'normal' by any means, but he has learned to handle that. What he hasn't figured out is how to deal with the fact he's falling for an art student named Ellen, a girl who seems to be incredibly close to all the crazy in the town, and leads him to something much bigger.


Now, when it comes to YA, I'm usually a bit hesitant, since there is a lot that follows the 'fish out of water, boy meets girl, blah blah blah' sort of thing. I really like this because of just how important all the supernatural elements are. Not to mention the main character seems at least used to what's going on around him, he's just getting more involved. My thinking is, sure a lot of YA may follow similar tropes, but if it's entertaining, intelligent, and overall a good story, I seriously enjoy it.


I really like this story, I've looked through the sample that's available via smashwords.com enjoy everything I've seen so far. It's a short story that's available for purchase for .99 from smashwords, I'm not sure if it's in the premium catalog yet, I checked B&N and couldn't find it, but it is likely just a matter of time before it's there. This is a very entertaining read, so please go check it out!


Thanks again, and sorry for the quick post. I'll be back Monday and hopefully I'll be able to talk about me meeting my deadline! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment