Wednesday, November 27, 2013

11/27/2013 Writing Wednesday - NaNoWriMo Edition!

Hello everyone and welcome back once again to this last actual week of November! This is a really ridiculous week for a lot of people so I hope it's being nice to you all. I am trying to work out how to do all of my Christmas shopping by doing as little...going out into the world and actually shopping in person as I actually can because that will solve a lot of the lack of actual time to do that problem that I have. However I know there are some of you out there are still working on finishing up your stories for NaNoWriMo, so let's talk about that and not about my stress for holiday shopping!

We are getting down to the wire, which I'm sure just made all of your blood pressures spike a little and I'm sorry. The good news though is that it means you're almost done! If you've managed to get this far without having to deal with any of that pesky pain or anything either it means you have done better than I have and you deserve a cookie (or more food than anyone should ever eat, but you'll get that tomorrow). The thing is that if you are finishing up your story in the 50,000 words, it also means your brain is about to become a huge jerk and we need to prepare for that, mostly because it's likely already started.

So remember how I mentioned because that the brain likes habits? Well over the last month you've started a new one and the brain likes it, and it also realizes that you are coming to the end of it, and it does not want that to happen, so it is going to try and sabotage you everywhere. Again, because it's a jerk. I'm not talking about reminding you about all of the Holiday crazy that has probably already started (though that is part of it) I'm talking about sewing the seeds of doubt and all that stuff that will try and make you not actually finish it.

Your brain is a jerk, and you need to keep going. If you are doing the 1667 words a day quota that means you have only a little bit more to go. It is a wonderful feeling to accomplish the full 50,000 words and you are so very close. If you think you can get more done, then do that too! Go for it, your brain wants to keep the habit going that's all it's doing and it will put up roadblocks in order to keep it up, even if it means you get to 49,9992 by the end of the day on the 30th. You can win, just keep going. It is a fun month and you can't just focus on all of the stress of everything else because then you'll never want to do it again.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by today. I hope this week is and will see you all well. Whether or not there will be a post on Friday will determine how Thursday night goes. If I am up all night again like I was tonight I don't think there will be one because I don't know if there will be enough time for me to wake up enough to find a story to review, but we'll see. I really feel bad about being a slacker, but I do think the time off has been good for my hands. If anything Friday is the 29th, so happy shopping, happy almost end of month, and happy NaNoWriMo! You all deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment