Monday, April 29, 2013

04/29/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hi everybody! We made it through the weekend, and even though I could use a minimum of 3 more hours of sleep I somehow did too. Now that I don't work every Saturday my mental schedule gets flipped on its head whenever I do, so today will be used for a psuedo-recovery from all of that.

I'm still (slowly) working on getting all the cards scanned and uploaded. I'm hoping to be a bit better about it this week and get at least a couple one every day. If you haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet, here is my DA page, and they're all up in the gallery with prints available for purchase. Like I told people in other places, I'm not the one setting the prices for them, that's DA, and while I get a cut of them, I know they're a bit expensive. The ones that are the photos are closer to what I was charging at the craft fair, for those that are interested.

For those that haven't already figured it out, I have also been playing Magic: the Gathering for quite some time, and while I'll never say I'm good, I will say that I've gotten considerably better than I was. There was a pre-release this weekend, which is one reason why I don't feel like I actually got a day off during the last couple days. I've been using the tournaments and such as a way to work on my lack of social skills, and figured it would be easier to do that around people who are in a similar boat with something in common to use as a conversation tool. Pretty much everyone that was there was cool, and it was neat seeing some of the newer and younger players getting involved. I'm always a fan of getting other people hooked.

My editing is still going, no matter how slow I'm convinced it is. I know I'm making decent progress, especially after needed to take a break to get all those cards finished, but I will really feel like I'm getting something done when I get past the halfway point. I have a bit to go, but rest assured the pages are very pink. I know I'll need to do everything again once I put the edits into the file, but at least progress will have been made. I keep telling myself this is the process that takes the longest, but it doesn't mean I want to do it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today, I really do appreciate it. I'll return on Wednesday barring some terrible disaster coming up. Hopefully I'll be able to say that a miracle happened and I've made all the progress necessary. Ok, that's unrealistic, I will have made some progress. If there are any topics you wish me to touch base on, please let me know right and I'll do whatever I can to make it happen. For now though, have a great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment